Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Department: Team Horner- Florida Region
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
Position Type: Full Time
Team Horner is looking for an experienced Payroll & Benefits Coordinator who will be intricately involved in the day-to-day Payroll and Benefits functions for all business units (except AquaCal/AutoPilot.) This position will serve as a business partner to managers, supervisors and employees by performing a variety of complex, professional-level work in all areas of employee benefits and payroll processes. Also, this individual will assist the HR Manager in providing guidance on these key areas to employees, assist with issue resolution, policy and process development, adherence to ensure legal compliance, as well as maintaining a strategic and operational view that links the role of HR to current business needs and our Team Culture:
Working Together…Growing Together…Winning Together
The right candidate for this position will have a strong background and experience in payroll and employee benefits administration. In addition, you must have a positive, can-do attitude, have great attention to detail, be proactive, be able to work independently, multi-task and successfully work on multiple projects.
- Coordinate bi-weekly payroll:
- Send reminder email to the Management Team on Mondays of payroll weeks to approve timecards and correct errors.
- Review bi-weekly timecards for errors and missing approvals for Ft. Lauderdale and Branch employees every Tuesday of payroll week by 8:30 AM, and contact Managers if corrections or approvals are needed.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll transactions for all Companies (except AquaCal AutoPilot) to ensure all employees receive pay by Friday of same week.
- Maintain accurate employment data for Payroll software to ensure bi-weekly payroll is processed error- free and all generated reports are accurate.
- Approval of bi-weekly payroll invoices.
- Create timely and accurate bi-weekly and monthly reports for VP Administration and Corporate Controller, including overtime, payroll/employee count data, payroll transfer and salary adjustments.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reports.
- Responsible for final payout calculation for terminated employees.
- Custodian of confidential employee files.
- Verify data entered by HR Coordinator into ADP is accurate prior to filing supporting documents in employee files (except AquaCal/AutoPilot employees.)
- Maintain employee appraisal calendar and distribute to managers/supervisors in the first week of each month.
- Follow up to ensure employees’ performance review packages are completed and maintain all related paperwork in employees’ files.
- Handle employment verification requests.
- Respond to inquiries from Florida Unemployment Compensation, provide information, complete required forms and represent Company at hearings.
- Efficiently handle all 401K processes and ensure records are current and accurate, including sending bi-weekly 401K deductions to John Hancock, distributing quarterly 401K contribution election forms to all participating employees, completing semi-annual census and transmitting information to Third Party Administrator, processing all requests for 401K loans and distributions, coordinating semi-annual 401K enrollment meetings, and sending QDIA Notices to all eligible employees.
- Responsible for employee benefits enrollment – reviews/approves employee enrollments/changes, reconciles monthly group medical and dental invoices for approval by HR Manager and timely payment.
- Administers all COBRA requests, coordinate with COBRA processor and monitor monthly billings and participant payments.
- Create annual employee census for medical and dental insurance renewal.
- Complete all Industry Verification forms that are received from the State of Florida within 7 days of receipt.
- Maintain up-to-date Health Savings Account (HSA) spreadsheet to accurately track employee contributions and company match.
- Seek and achieve continuous personal and professional improvement and suggest new ideas that encourage personal developmental and Company growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
- Team player mentality
- Detail oriented
- Problem solver
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Minimum 5-10 years Payroll experience required
- Minimum 2-4 years of Benefits Administration strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Payroll technologies
- ADP experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- CEBS Certification a plus
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred (will be required to take within the first year of employment)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing industry training
- Yearly performance and long service awards and events
- Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/Long term disability insurance offered
- 401K and Roth Offered
- Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
- Merchandise discounts
And so much more!...
Team Horner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages growth and opportunity for all.