Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
Department: Team Horner- Florida Region
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: A/P Supervisor
Salary Range: $30,000.00 - $35,000 p.a.
This position is primarily responsible for accurately entering a high volume of Accounts Payable invoices for various branches/companies, detailed vendor statement review & account reconciliation and A/P record retention. Prior experience handling detailed invoice reconciliation that includes invoice, purchase order (PO) and cost/freight is highly desirable. In addition, an ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience identifying and resolving Initial invoice discrepancies, dealing with vendors, obtaining multi-level invoice approvals, and assisting with check runs and month-end closing. The right candidate for this position will be someone who is interested in gaining valuable accounts payable experience in a high-volume multi-faceted organization, demonstrating ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a “can-do” attitude.
Accounts Payable Invoice Reconciliation, Entry and Approval
- Daily review of invoices for multi branches and several different departments.
- Reconciling a high volume of invoices to the Unvoiced Receipts Reports.
- Ensuring all invoices match their corresponding PO’s, cost, discounts and freight.
- Sole responsibility for the accuracy of entering these invoices into the ERP system for prompt payment processing.
- Resolving invoice/PO discrepancies with various departments, managers and vendors.
- Contact vendors to request invoice copies or proof of delivery if needed.
- Ensuring misc. invoice charges are coded and entered into corresponding GL accounts.
- Ensuring necessary multi-level invoice approvals are obtained.
- Ensuring entered invoices and checks are filed appropriately for retention.
Sr. A/P Analyst and A/P Specialist support functions
- Assist with bi-weekly A/P check runs
- Assist with other administrative duties, as required
Skills & Knowledge:
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- Team player mentality.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have superior organizational skills.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to develop relationship with vendors, branches and managers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing needs of the department.
- Strong knowledge of reconciling accounts.
- Prior experience dealing with multiple branches/companies a plus.
Education & Training:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Accounts Payable is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field highly desirable. (Will consider combination of experience and education.)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing industry training
- Yearly performance and long service awards and events
- Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/Long term disability insurance offered
- 401K and Roth Offered
- Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
- Merchandise discounts
And so much more!...