Department: Team Horner Marketing
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Position Type: Full Time
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Create design concepts by gathering information from various creative sites and google searches when needed
- Contribute to the design of annual in-house catalogs for priority products as assigned by manager.
- Create graphic design layouts that reflect current brand standards, as directed from senior team members
- Create and edit graphic elements such as logos, and convert graphic elements and/or images into correct file formats.
- Assist in daily coordination of all creative efforts and Jira projects with Art Director
- Collaborate with marketing coordination and project manager as necessary
- Continuously Update manager with project flow
- Assist in maintaining the organization and filing of shared drives as instructed and specified by manager with all projects designs, product art, logos and stock photography
- Select colors, images, text style and layout that effectively convey the brand message and standards.
- Handle various special requests related to graphic design services on an assigned basis
- Design packaging and catalog pagination as needed
- Review designs for errors before submitting initial proofs
- Run spell check and cross off mark-ups as completed on returned proofs to ensure all revisions have been made before returning new proofs to project managers.
- Complete projects with 3-4 proofs maximum before final print file is requested
- Email proofs within the Jira project management system to designated project manager
- Continually manage Jira emails on assigned projects so proofs and revisions are turned around within the deadlines
- Attend and participate in Marketing Department meetings and Greenlight Sessions
- Suggest new ideas that encourage departmental and/or company growth
- Work closely with Art Director and with project managers as needed
- Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects at the same time, each with different deadlines
- Collaborate with Media Team to develop video’s concept, storyboard and determine the graphics and animation needed to support the business objective.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and attributes
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Acrobat, MS Office and Final Cut Pro X.
- Word Press and knowledge of web graphics a plus
- 1 year of Multimedia and Photography experience
- Stay up-to-date with industry design techniques and the latest design software in order to maintain and improve work.
- Working or Jira project management system
- 3-5 Years of experience in graphic design and pre-press process or a Bachelor in Graphic Design
- Experience with Typography and familiarity with various font styles
- Design Team experience
- Ability to work independently
- Very Organized
- Great communication and time management skills
- Play close attention to detail and instructions
- Other Duties as assigned
- Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing industry training
- Yearly performance and long service awards and events
- Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/Long term disability insurance offered
- 401K and Roth Offered
- Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
- Positive & Friendly Work Environment
- Merchandise discounts
And so much more!.....